This question worries many, and first of all, of course, women.
Someone uses new cream formulas, someone – proven recipes, and someone turns to cosmetic surgeons for help. Over the past decade, cosmetic surgery has taken a big leap forward and has become much less traumatic, but at the same time more effective and affordable.
With questions about innovative ways to prolong youth, we turned to Dr. Ann Gurevich, surgeon, instructor at world-class company Inmode.
– Hello Anne. Which modern aesthetic procedures are most in demand right now?
– The world of aesthetic procedures has changed a lot today. It must be said that a long way has come from abnormally smooth lips, without a single wrinkle, foreheads and elastic lips that are too wide.
happy, healthy, cared for.
I think we can divide these procedures into 3 categories: injectable, non-invasive and minimally invasive. (find out more about all the procedures)
The first category is injections. In my opinion, they should be taken as prevention. I want to make a reservation right now, if you are over 60 and have had deep wrinkles between your eyebrows for a long time, it will be very difficult to smooth them out. But if you are 30 or 35 years old and you notice small wrinkles between the eyebrows, then, of course, the injections will smooth out and prevent their further formation.
The second category includes non-invasive collagen regeneration procedures. The most popular is Ultherapy (SMAS-lifting) – a non-surgical skin tightening procedure. Unfortunately, after 45 years the effect is minimal, as it is not effective for severe sagging. Requires a repeat every 2 years.
Another modern procedure aimed at collagen regeneration is Morpheus8, a combination of micro-needles and radiofrequency to smooth the skin and stimulate collagen production. This gentle treatment (no injections or peeling) acts on the face, chin, neck, but also on areas of the body such as the neckline, upper arms, etc. The result of the intervention lasts up to 5 years.
– And which procedures do you think are the most effective for women aged 45 and over?
– Of course, these are procedures of the third category – minimally invasive. It should be noted that today such procedures are among the most effective.
As patients begin to see more and more drawbacks to non-invasive techniques; doctors want to be able to offer their patients long-lasting results with a single procedure, under local anesthesia.
Not only is it a new mantra now, but it now offers unprecedented accessibility for patients who are tired of endlessly repeated procedures because they yield moderate or minimal results.
Minimally invasive procedures are surgical, but scar-free treatments with long-term results with little recovery time, performed under local anesthesia. According to renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Teodorou, the leader in this category is Embrace RF.
Embrace RF is a whole new category of facial rejuvenation, the so-called remodeling of subcutaneous fatty tissue. The procedure is performed on the lower third of the face, neck and jaw.
Usually there is a fairly large amount of fatty tissue in this area, especially fatty tissue begins to fall off as we age. However, it is in these areas that we must preserve the layer of fat in order to experience a more youthful facial contour. One cannot simply remove the fat or do liposuction in this area. With Embrace RF, we use heat to reshape and shape fat in addition to tightening skin for optimal results. It is the Embrace RF procedure that forms subcutaneous fat deposits in its essence. Unlike other procedures, surgeons can strategically determine how much fat is removed, retained, or formed. This procedure allows you to accurately model the face and neck in a manner similar to how a face is cast from clay, where what you leave in is no less important than what you take out or remove. . This scarless facelift is one of the most popular procedures currently in the United States, with results visible immediately and improving over time over a period of 6 weeks to 3 months. The results of the procedure last for a period of 5 to 8 years.
– The face is important. But, as we know, age often gives the neck. They say plastic surgeons can’t operate on it alone. It is necessary to do the operation on the face. How can you solve this problem?
– Surprisingly, it is actually possible to solve the problem of aging neck only with minimally invasive methods. NeckTite is a minimally invasive procedure that corrects double chin, skin wrinkles, excess fat, and loose skin in the neck area. The improvement in the condition of the neck skin will be gradual, even, moderate and natural. The treatment encourages the body to produce new collagen, resulting in younger, firmer looking skin. The result lasts 5-8 years in older patients, and in young people the result is permanent.
I want to note that the procedure is suitable for both women and men, regardless of age. After the procedure, wrinkles, scars are eliminated, and the skin acquires elasticity, firmness and even color. At the same time, several problems are solved at the same time – tightening of the skin of the face, the elimination of the double chin and sagging of the skin of the neck, as well as the improvement of the texture of the skin. It is performed simultaneously, both in the face area (lower third) and in the neck area, as well as either only in the face area or only in the neck area.
“And yet, how is your patient?” And at what age should you think about such procedures?
– I must say that in the last 10 years there have been enormous changes in the field of cosmetic surgery. The average age of patients is increasingly younger and it is generally not their first intervention. According to statistics, over the past five years, the number of people resorting to cosmetic procedures has been steadily increasing in the world. Today, most patients want to be “the best version of themselves”. Usually people are afraid of looking different after cosmetic surgery, for example after a facelift, so there is a magical paradox – I help people look like themselves, but look better, younger, groomed.
I believe the increase in screen time, being on social media, video conferencing, selfies, and general “life for show” has in many ways spurred the development of plastic surgery. If you remember, even 10 years ago, we rarely saw each other in pictures. Maybe a birthday or a wedding, usually it was some kind of special event. Today, with mobile devices and platforms, we see literally hundreds, if not thousands, of photos of ourselves that capture what we don’t like about our appearance and, sadly, the aging process. In other words, we are all under constant control – we are constantly in control of how we look.
I can’t help but notice that cosmetic procedures, both surgical and non-surgical, have also become more accessible. But in the recent past, cosmetic plastic surgery was only available to the super-rich.
Today, my most frequent patient is the average working, professional woman, often with a dual income family, or a housewife who now, having raised children, would like to regain her former appearance.
In other words, now my patient is not a stereotypical loafer who “makes a face”, but a responsible adult woman who wants to step back in time. I must say that we succeed thanks to the latest technological advances. Indeed, today, to see yourself rejuvenated, it is no longer necessary to literally “go under the knife” in the literal sense of the term.
– And the last question – how not to make a mistake in choosing a doctor?
– You know, the main problem in the modern information space is the issue of trust. The world around us is overloaded with pseudo-advice on beauty, longevity, and healthy living that has nothing to do with medicine. Therefore, the most important thing is to get information from trusted hands, from a professional, to find a doctor you can trust and whose experience you do not doubt.
Read us in Telegram