Here are five (in fact, more) updates on tech news, ideas, discussions and more to start your day on Wednesday, September 22, 2021. Sip.
What’s in our daily drink?
- Who we serve: Content for Managed Service Providers (MSP), IT Service Providers (ITSP), Technology Solution Providers (TSP), Cloud Service Providers (CSP), IT Consulting Companies, Systems Integrators, VAR, Independent Software Providers (ISVs) and any other acronym partner that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every working morning.
- Reach the barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected]
A. What’s in the works today: tech news
1. MSP software and co-managed services: Datto enhanced Autotask PSA to help MSPs deliver co-managed services.
2. MSP Software – Email Encryption and File Sharing: Zix has released a Secure Large File add-on for Zix Email Encryption. The offering enables customers to “eliminate the challenge of sending large files securely by facilitating the delivery of any file type up to 100 GB per message, with no storage quotas and no new credentials for the recipients, ”says the company.
3. Microsoft 365 Consulting Services: Rackspace announced Elastic Engineering for Microsoft 365. The move primarily involves Rackspace consultants who help customers with Microsoft 365 roadmaps and strategy, technical advice and guidance, business process design, improvements, l adoption and return on investment, as well as security and compliance.
4. IPO – Freshworks: Freshworks said it valued its initial U.S. public offering well above the target range to raise $ 1.03 billion, valuing rival Salesforce.com at $ 10.13 billion as hybrid labor fuels demand for its products, reports Reuters. The IPO is scheduled to take place today (September 22), a company spokesperson told ChannelE2E.
5.Potential IPO – Cohesity: Amid potential IPOn rumors, Cohesity’s annualized revenue rate topped $ 300 million in the data protection company’s last quarter. In addition, Cohesity’s year-over-year annual recurring revenue (ARR) grew 70% through July 2021 compared to the fiscal year ended July 2020, according to the company. Financial statistics are surfacing as Cohesity is reportedly considering a potential IPO. The data protection firm has not announced any actual revenue, EBITDA, or net income in dollars.
6. Question marks about mergers and acquisitions – Zoom and Five9: A panel led by the Department of Justice – known as Team Telecom – is investigating Zoom’s deal to buy Five9, citing potential national security risks posed by the US video conferencing giant’s ties to China , reports the Wall Street Journal.
7. HP launches Windows 11 devices: The latest HP devices – running Microsoft Windows 11 – are described here.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Government cloud services: VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud (US) has obtained FedRAMP Agency Operating Authority (ATO) at High Impact Level. The result: we Public sector agencies can now “migrate and modernize their VMware vSphere workloads with VMware Cloud and AWS GovCloud US faster,” says VMware.
2. Amazon and SME loans: Amazon and Lendistry unveiled Amazon Community Lending, a pilot program aimed at “driving growth opportunities for SMEs selling in the Amazon store.” Amazon Community Lending will provide weAmazon sellers – almost all of whom are SMEs – have access to short-term loans of up to $ 100,000 at “competitive and affordable rates to support and grow their businesses,” the two companies say.
3. Network cybersecurity: Owl Cyber Defense Solutions has joined the Dell Extended Technology Complete (ETC) program. The Dell ETC program identifies “trusted solutions that help customers optimize and complement their Dell Technologies infrastructure,” the companies say.
4. Intelligent document processing: DataBank, a Kyocera group company, has joined the KnowledgeLake partner program.
5. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Part 1: Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA and Automation Anywhere Partner to Provide RPA Capabilities to End Customers. The effort involves Konica Minolta’s portfolio of intelligent information management (IIM) services and associated digital transformation capabilities for end customers. Konica Minolta has two large MSP companies, namely All Covered and IT Weapons.
6. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Part Two: People Tech Group, a web and enterprise applications consulting company, launched an RPA services capability focused on UiPath software.
7. Service level objectives: Nobl9, which develops a software reliability platform, has launched a channel program for system integrators and solution providers. The effort is focused on Service Level Objectives (SLOs) – a unit of reliability that “brings a more mathematical, reality-based approach to tracking service reliability than traditional approaches such as service level agreements. “says Nobl9.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- BigBig from Taylor Business Group (September 23-25, Arizona)
- VMware VMworld 2021 (October 5-7, virtual)
- UiPath Forward IV 2021 (October 5 and 6, Las Vegas)
- Google Cloud Next 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- Sherweb Accelerate 2021 (October 18-20, Hollywood, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Global 2021 (October 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Full ChannelE2E Events Calendar
- Add your annual event to our calendar: Submit it here for review.